This call is dedicated to companies and cultural operators based on the African continent, Cooperation and Cultural Action Services, Institut français, Alliances françaises, and Binational Cultural Centers.
The aim of this project aid scheme is to support artists and cultural operators from civil society in Africa, as well as the French cultural network, in particular by supporting creation and distribution projects and major events with a regional dimension on the continent:
• Festivals and major cultural events (biennials, professional platforms, etc.)
• Support for artistic creation for projects with regional or international ambitions
• Dissemination and distribution of projects: exhibitions, workshops
• Innovative and eco-responsible digital projects
• Regional tours concerning projects by artists or companies based on the African continent or co-creation cooperation projects in the various fields of performing arts, music, circus and street arts. In order to receive support from the Institut français, these regional tours must include several dates on the continent (at least 5 or 6 dates in a minimum of 3 countries).
Particular attention will be paid to:
• Projects with a regional dimension, i.e. involving several countries and partners on the Continent, artistic collaborations or exchanges.
• Projects promoting the younger generation, emerging scenes and new artistic practices in the field of contemporary African creation.
• Projects promoting an eco-responsible approach, proposing an extended period for each of their dates, as part of a tour for example (performance + meeting time + related workshops + training, etc.). Special attention will also be paid to digital mobility.
• Projects attentive to gender issues: projects by female cultural operators, projects highlighting female artists, and projects encouraging gender diversity and equality will be favored.
As part of France's feminist diplomacy, the Institut français encourages the cultural network's establishments and their partner operators to take an active interest in these issues. All candidates are asked to specify their policy in favor of the development of a culture of gender equality (training, actions to raise awareness of equality and the fight against discrimination and stereotypes, projects that take into account gender equality issues and promote a parity-based approach, choice of speakers, policy towards service providers and any other relevant element).
Closure of the call: November 30, 2023 (23h59 CET)
Before submitting your application, please download the note on the payment of financial aid and support, as well as the general terms and conditions of the scheme.
Procedure for the payment of financial aid and support Regulation
Culture and solidarity partnerships division
Cooperation, Dialogue, Language and Societies department